<body>
WARNING!
A word of caution


This blog contains ideologically sensitive material.



Spiritual Sentiments
Think.

Spirituality, beliefs, morality, ethics, thought.


Description
About Janice M.
Why, hello there.

The primary purpose of this blog is to record stories relevant to my spiritual journey and to post my own thoughts and opinions relating to that matter.



Enjoy.

Comments
What do you think?

Links
Where I get inspiration
Lorna Byrne
NDEs
Archive
Sometimes you've got to look back in order to move forward.
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
February 2014

Credits
Designer: Th3onlyskins
Others: Photobucket, Blogskins.com, Adobe, ImageShack

Stock image used for the background can be found here.


Slightly customized by the owner of this blog.


Wednesday, May 1, 2013
[Liberation ]


It's 5 months in to this year, and 4 months into my last year of highschool, and I've decided that I want to go to this certain university because they have a Baha'i club there. I'm going to work really hard this year to get into that university with the course that I want. I really can't wait to meet people who have almost the same ideas as me.

I currently self-identify as a Unitarian Universalist, but due to their small numbers in the state, and generally the country that I live in, and their lack of young people in it, I've decided to try out Baha'i first, as they have a broader demographic. Even if their beliefs aren't as liberal as UUism, it's around 85% compatible with what I believe in, so it's all cool.

I've been feeling so isolated due to my current beliefs, as most of my friends are either Christian, Muslim or atheist. I only have one friend who has almost the same ideas as me, and she's my current bestfriend. I'm glad I have at least someone who thinks almost the way I do.

I really want to get into that university.

--

Speaking of friends...

Your friends are one of your greatest blessings. Take time to spend time with them. Nurture them. Friends enrich your life immeasurably. They make good times better and hard times easier. Be good to your friends and love them well.


I really do love my friends.

--

I'm turning legal this year. Maybe then I can sign and keep my own documents and remove my status as a member of the RCC.

As much as I appreciate the values that the RCC has taught me, I just can't live with myself knowing that I'm putting on this facade for the sake of my parent's happiness. I'm not your doll. I have my own opinions and beliefs too, you know. And besides, what's the point of saying that I'm a member of a group when I do not adhere to their doctrine and dogma anyway? And I'm not saying that I hate the group or disrespect their beliefs. It's just a matter of incompatibility, nothing more.


Signing Off at...

12:55 AM